Wednesday 1 July 2009

1 Samuel 1:27

What a week!

well, Monday was 14dpo... and I was psyched to test (took all my strength not to test Sunday night after I bought the tests). I wanted Ry to be there when I did it... cause I didn't want to have to tell him on the phone and I'd be too excited or sad to wait all day... so he woke me up in the morning as he was getting ready for work.

Grumpy as I am in the morning, I went straight to the bathroom, peed on the stick, waited about 30seconds and when I saw nothing got mad and went back to bed.

About 5 minutes later, I thought that I really should check again so I asked Ryan what was on the test.

He came into the room and said, "There's one dark line and one light line..." At that I jumped out of bed and grabbed it from him. There were definitely two lines. WOWZAS!!!!! We were excited but still a little unsure, so Ry went off to work and I went to the Dr.s for bloodwork.

Tuesday morning I woke up at 5am having to pee, and had a 2nd test so I took it. It was pretty much the same as Monday... total mixed feelings. Psyched and anxious... I wondered what the chances of 2 false positives were.

Wednesday 5pm I FINALLY get a call back from the doctors office congratulating me and confirming my first ultrasound for next week.

Now I am 4 weeks along, and taking progesterone 3x daily and baby aspirin 1x daily along with my vitamins. The progesterone is to keep my hormones stable and support the pregnancy and the aspirin is to prevent clots which may cause miscarriages.

We've shared our news with few people, but are thankful for all the prayer and encouragement.

1 Samuel 1:27

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.


Thank you for this blessing!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment