Thursday 10 March 2011

rest

It's 9:30pm. The company has gone home. The kid is sound asleep. The dishes and laundry are done and the toys are put away... I've forgotten what it's like to have free time... what do I do now?!?!?

We've fallen into a wonderful and well organized routine, and life has become predictable yet still fun again! I'm very happy with life these days and still feeling refreshed. Which is odd, because I've had quite a few rough nights recently with PH sick and teething. I think the major difference is that we rested up and really let go of a lot of stress while on vacation ~ Praise God, eh?? Now stresses come and go, but don't really linger.

Psalm 62:5~8 says,
"
5 Yes, my soul, finds rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on Godc]">;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge."

Often I would allow fear, anxiety, or stress to take over. I would be consumed by it, and though I rationally know it's not healthy, I could not easily give it up. People would tell me to let go and give my worries to God. Cast all my cares on Him, right? He gives me strength. But often that feels more like a theory than a reality when you really don't know how to actually do it! Honestly, I don't have many answers, but I do know that real rest starts with belief and trust.

I believe there is a God who created me. I believe He created me, with all my flaws and weaknesses for a purpose and that when I let go He guides my life. I trust that He will lead me in the path I should go.

Now when stress comes, I know that I can find rest when I begin by trusting God. And these days I am very thankful that I'm able to experience such lovely rest after such a hectic and stressful year.

I'm now happy to put the kid to bed, finish up the chores and take some time to really rest, and I hope all of you out there can find some of this wonderful rest as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment