Wednesday 18 November 2009

25 weeks! whoa...

So, I intended to write more often, but once I missed a few weeks I felt like I couldn't write again until I had time to write everything! Which is totally the wrong idea...

So, I have many interesting stories from the past few months to share, like:
-Our August trip to Canada
-morning sickness from hell
-the flight to Japan where I thought we would die
-the birth of many babies at our church
-our weekend trip to Sokcho beach and Sorak mountain for Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving)
-feeling the baby kick for the first time
-working like mad for Lotte Hotel for several weeks
-some highlights of my hotel employee interviews
-Ryan feeling the baby kick
-seeing the baby move!
-Ryan catching swine flu
-our weekend away on Jeju island
-Ryan's resignation from work
and much more...

These days I'm done with the insane work hours - which is good because I was really drained.

Ryan was home several days recently because he had the H1N1 virus. He was fine, a brief flu was all - though the Tamiflu treatment had side-effects worse than the flu itself! It was tough at first because I really couldn't be near him, to avoid getting infected... but at the same time I'd just worked several weeks of long hours and really wanted to be able to spend time with him... >.<

The last two days we just ignored staying in separate rooms in the day (though we slept in separate rooms for 2 weeks!!) and spent time together. We also began to change the apartment around to prepare for the baby.

We have 2 bedrooms, but used one as an office. We decided to change it into a baby room, but our apartment has SO MUCH furniture, it's been difficult. We finally agreed to leave the love seat and ottoman in the living room with the desk, computer and book shelves (which were all in the office before), and put the large couch in the nursery... because that's the only place it will fit!

The new set-up isn't terrible... but it's hard to have many people over now.

We did get the chance to have our friend Jason, as well as the new OEM pastor, Mike, and his family over for dinner the other night. I guess it's a good thing we're in Asia, as it's perfectly acceptable to have people sitting on the floor here.

What's on my mind these days? Cribs and baby stuff... ugh... I have no idea where to begin to look for these things here... and I have no idea what to get. Right now I'm trying to decide what I like by doing some web research, and then I'll price things in Korea... hopefully it doesn't take too long... but at least we still have 2-3 months!

(I hope...)



No comments:

Post a Comment